Blogs > Lighten Up With Julie Ignat

Julie Ignat is a 28-year-old Painesville Township resident who is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

I wish I was athletic as my dog

My Min Pin named Hershey is the fastest dog in the house.  He very rarely sits and often has a ball in his mouth ready to play keep away.  He is always ready to go for a walk, a run around the yard, or patrol the yard of those evil squirrels.  He eats his weight in treats everyday however he doesn't seem to gain any weight.  I am nothing like him.
However my Morkie named Bear is a lot like me. He prefer the couch, the occasional stroll around the yard, and car rides to the bank where the nice bank teller Sandy gives him a treat.  
This week my goal is to become a little more like Hershey and a little less like Bear, so I joined the Y's ironman competition.  I am aiming for silver (I know gold would be better but silver is more realistic) so in the next four weeks I will run 26.2 miles, bike 115 miles, and swim 2 miles.  Wish me luck.  See everyone at the weigh in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home