Blogs > Lighten Up With Julie Ignat

Julie Ignat is a 28-year-old Painesville Township resident who is a contestant in The News-Herald's Lighten Up in 2013.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ~ Winston Churchill

What is failure?  What is success?  What if you can have both...at the same time? 
 
During the last six months of my weight lose journey I have asked myself these questions time and again.  And today I know the answer to both questions.  Failure is a negative state of mind.  Success is a favorable outcome.  And I have realized that yes, I have both at the same time every time I step on the scale.  I have success when I see that the number has gone down even if it is by 0.1 pounds- that is a favorable outcome, but failure because I myself see it negatively...why isn't the number bigger?
 
Learning to not be afraid of failure is the hardest thing I have had to learn this year.  Failure is an option but so is getting up and trying again. I have learned it's all about mind set.  Set your mind to the positive and find success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home